MUPIDER (BACTROBAN) INDICATIONS
Mupider Cream is used for treating skin infections.Mupider Cream is an antibacterial. It works by stopping the production of essential proteins needed by the bacteria to survive.
MUPIDER (BACTROBAN) INSTRUCTIONS
Use Mupider Cream as directed by your doctor.
- Wash and completely dry the affected area. Apply a small amount of medicine to the area to be treated. Gently rub the medicine in until it is evenly distributed.
- The affected area may be covered with gauze or a bandage.
- To clear up your infection completely, use Mupider Cream for the full course of treatment. Keep using it even if you feel better in a few days.
- Wash your hands immediately after using Mupider Cream.
- If you miss a dose of Mupider Cream, use it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not use 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Mupider Cream.
MUPIDER (BACTROBAN) STORAGE
Store Mupider Cream at or below 77 degrees F (25 degrees C). Do not freeze. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Mupider Cream out of the reach of children and away from pets.
MUPIDER (BACTROBAN) MORE INFO:
Active Ingredient: Mupirocin calcium.
Do NOT use Mupider Cream if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Mupider Cream.
Some medical conditions may interact with Mupider Cream. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you are treating a burn or open wound
- if you have kidney problems.
Some medicines may interact with Mupider Cream. However, no specific interactions with Mupider Cream are known at this time.
Important safety information:
- Mupider Cream is for external use only. Do not get it in your eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Use Mupider Cream with caution on skin with open wounds.
- If your symptoms do not get better within 3 to 5 days or if they get worse, check with your doctor.
- Be sure to use Mupider Cream for the full course of treatment. If you do not, the medicine may not clear up your infection completely. The bacteria could also become less sensitive to this or other medicines. This could make the infection harder to treat in the future.
- Long-term or repeated use of Mupider Cream may cause a second infection. Tell your doctor if signs of a second infection occur. Your medicine may need to be changed to treat this.
- Mupider Cream should be used with extreme caution in children younger 3 months; safety and effectiveness in these children have not been confirmed.
- Pregnancy and breast-feeding: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Mupider Cream while you are pregnant. It is not known if Mupider Cream is found in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use Mupider Cream, check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects.
Check with your doctor if any of these most common side effects persist or become bothersome:
Burning; headache; nausea; stinging.
Seek medical attention right away if any of these severe side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); severe irritation; severe itching.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider.