HATIAL (TRENTAL) INDICATIONS
Hatial is used for treating intermittent claudication (pain, cramping, numbness, or weakness in the foot, hip, thigh, or buttocks) in certain patients. Hatial is a xanthine derivative blood flow enhancer. It works by thinning the blood and improving red blood cell flexibility, causing the blood to flow more freely through the veins.
HATIAL (TRENTAL) INSTRUCTIONS
Use Hatial as directed by your doctor.
- Take Hatial by mouth with food or milk.
- Swallow whole. Do not break, crush, or chew before swallowing.
- If you miss a dose of Hatial, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Hatial.
HATIAL (TRENTAL) STORAGE
Store Hatial at room temperature, between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Hatial out of the reach of children and away from pets.
HATIAL (TRENTAL) MORE INFO:
Active Ingredient: Pentoxifylline.
Do NOT use Hatial if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Hatial or to methylxanthines (eg, theophylline, caffeine, theobromine)
- you have had recent bleeding in the brain or eye.
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Some medical conditions may interact with Hatial. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have ulcers, blood vessel problems, high blood pressure, kidney problems, or a history of bleeding in the eye
- if you have recently had surgery.
Some medicines may interact with Hatial. Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Anticoagulants (eg, warfarin) or theophyllines because the risk of side effects, such as bleeding or toxic effects, may be increased.
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Hatial may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
Important safety information:
- Hatial may cause dizziness or blurred vision. These effects may be worse if you take it with alcohol or certain medicines. Use Hatial with caution. Do not drive or perform other possible unsafe tasks until you know how you react to it.
- Tell your doctor or dentist that you take Hatial before you receive any medical or dental care, emergency care, or surgery.
- It may take 2 to 4 weeks to notice improvement in your condition, and up to 8 weeks for maximum relief.
- Use Hatial with caution in the elderly; they may be more sensitive to its effects.
- Pregnancy and breast-feeding: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Hatial while you are pregnant. Hatial is found in breast milk. Do not breastfeed while taking Hatial.
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects.
Check with your doctor if any of these most common side effects persist or become bothersome:
Belching; bloating; blurred vision; diarrhea; dizziness; flushing; gas; headache; indigestion; nausea; stomach discomfort.
Seek medical attention right away if any of these severe side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); chest pain; irregular heartbeat; vomiting.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider.