DEXROBEL-DSR (ACIPHEX) INDICATIONS
Dexrobel-dsr is used for treating heartburn or irritation of the esophagus caused by gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). It may be used for short-term treatment of ulcers of the small intestine. It may be used with certain antibiotics to treat ulcers of the small intestine and to help prevent them from coming back. It may be used to treat conditions that cause your body to make too much stomach acid (eg, Zollinger-Ellison syndrome). Dexrobel-dsr is a proton pump inhibitor. It works by decreasing the amount of acid produced in the stomach.
DEXROBEL-DSR (ACIPHEX) INSTRUCTIONS
Use Dexrobel-dsr as directed by your doctor.
- Take Dexrobel-dsr by mouth with or without food.
- Swallow Dexrobel-dsr whole. Do not break, crush, or chew before swallowing.
- You may take antacids while you are taking Dexrobel-dsr if you are directed to do so by your doctor.
- If you also take an imidazole antifungal (eg, ketoconazole), take it at least 2 hours before taking Dexrobel-dsr.
- If you also take sucralfate, take Dexrobel-dsr at least 30 minutes before taking sucralfate.
- Continue to take Dexrobel-dsr even if you feel well. Do not miss any doses.
- If you miss a dose of Dexrobel-dsr, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Dexrobel-dsr.
DEXROBEL-DSR (ACIPHEX) STORAGE
Store Dexrobel-dsr at 77 degrees F (25 degrees C). Brief storage at temperatures between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C) is permitted. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Dexrobel-dsr out of the reach of children and away from pets.
DEXROBEL-DSR (ACIPHEX) MORE INFO:
Active Ingredient: Rabeprazole sodium.
Do NOT use Dexrobel-dsr if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Dexrobel-dsr or to similar medicines (eg, omeprazole)
- you are taking an HIV protease inhibitor (eg, atazanavir).
Contact your doctor right away if any of these apply to you.
Some medical conditions may interact with Dexrobel-dsr. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have liver problems or stomach or bowel cancer.
Some medicines may interact with Dexrobel-dsr. Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Clarithromycin or voriconazole because they may increase the risk of Dexrobel-dsr's side effects
- Anticoagulants (eg, warfarin), cyclosporine, or digoxin because the risk of their side effects may be increased by Dexrobel-dsr
- Azole antifungals (eg, ketoconazole), clopidogrel, HIV protease inhibitors (eg, atazanavir), or iron because their effectiveness may be decreased by Dexrobel-dsr.
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Dexrobel-dsr may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
Important safety information:
- Dexrobel-dsr may cause drowsiness or dizziness. These effects may be worse if you take it with alcohol or certain medicines. Use Dexrobel-dsr with caution. Do not drive or perform other possibly unsafe tasks until you know how you react to it.
- Contact your doctor if you have any symptoms of a bleeding ulcer, such as black, tarry stools or vomit that looks like coffee grounds, or if you experience throat pain, chest pain, severe stomach pain, or trouble swallowing.
- Dexrobel-dsr should be used with extreme caution in Asian patients; the risk of side effects may be increased in these patients.
- Dexrobel-dsr should be used with extreme caution in children younger than 12 years old; safety and effectiveness in these age have not been confirmed.
- Pregnancy and breast-feeding: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Dexrobel-dsr while you are pregnant. It is not known if Dexrobel-dsr is found in breast milk. Do not feed breast while taking Dexrobel-dsr.
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects.
Check with your doctor if any of these most common side effects persist or become bothersome:
Seek medical attention right away if any of these severe side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue; unusual hoarseness); chest pain; fast or irregular heartbeat; fever, chills, or sore throat; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin; severe or persistent stomach pain; unusual bruising or bleeding; unusual tiredness; vision changes.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider.