CATOVEL (ACTICIN) INDICATIONS
Catovel Cream is used for treating scabies. Catovel Cream is a scabicide. It works by killing the scabies mite (Sarcoptes scabiei).
CATOVEL (ACTICIN) INSTRUCTIONS
Use Catovel Cream as directed by your doctor.
- Thoroughly massage into the skin from the head to the soles of the feet. It is not necessary to put the medicine on the scalp except children and older patients.
- Remove the medicine by washing after 8 to 14 hours.
- You may experience itching after treatment. This is not a sign of treatment failure. However if living mites are seen after 14 days, retreatment is necessary.
- If you miss a dose of Catovel Cream, use it as soon as you remember. Continue to use it as directed by your doctor.
Ask your health care provider any question you may have about how to use Catovel Cream.
CATOVEL (ACTICIN) STORAGE
Store Catovel Cream at room temperature, between 59 and 77 degrees F (15 and 25 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Keep Catovel Cream out of the reach of children and away from pets.
CATOVEL (ACTICIN) MORE INFO:
Active Ingredient: Permethrin.
Do NOT use Catovel Cream if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Catovel Cream.
Some medical conditions may interact with Catovel Cream. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances.
Some medicines may interact with Catovel Cream.
Important safety information:
- Catovel Cream is for external use only. Do not use it near the eyes or allow it to come into contact with the inside of the nose, mouth, or genitals. Irritation may occur if Catovel Cream comes into contact with these areas. If Catovel Cream gets in your eyes, flush with water immediately.
- Catovel Cream should not be used by children younger than 2 months ; safety and effectiveness in these age have not been confirmed.
- Pregnancy and breast-feeding: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Catovel Cream while you are pregnant. It is not known if Catovel Cream is found in breast milk after topical use. Do not breast-feed while using Catovel Cream.
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects.
Check with your doctor if any of these most common side effects persist or become bothersome:
Itching; mild burning or stinging; redness; swelling.
Seek medical attention right away if any of these severe side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue).
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider.