ACIDUM FUSIDICUM (FUCIDIN) INDICATIONS
Acidum Fusidicum cream is used to treat skin infections such as impetigo, infected eczema or infected wounds or cuts. It works by killing the organisms that have caused the infection.
ACIDUM FUSIDICUM (FUCIDIN) INSTRUCTIONS
Use Acidum Fusidicum cream as directed by your doctor.
- Acidum Fusidicum cream is for use on the skin only. Do not get it in your eyes.
- Wash your hands with soap and water before and after using this medicine.
- Apply a thin layer of this medicine to the affected area of the skin 3 or 4 times daily until the infection has cleared. Rub it in gently.
- Do not use cosmetics or other skin care products on the treated areas.
- Do not bandage or otherwise wrap the skin being treated unless directed to do so by your doctor.
- If the medicine is applied to the diaper area of an infant, do not use tight-fitting diapers or plastic pants unless directed to do so by your doctor.
- If your doctor ordered an occlusive dressing or airtight covering to be applied over the medicine, make sure you know how to apply it. Occlusive dressings increase the amount of medicine absorbed through your skin, so use them only as directed. If you have any questions about this, check with your doctor.
- If you miss a dose of Acidum Fusidicum cream, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not apply a double dose to make up for a missed one.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Acidum Fusidicum cream.
ACIDUM FUSIDICUM (FUCIDIN) STORAGE
Store Acidum Fusidicum cream at room temperature, between 68 and 77 degrees F (20 and 25 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Keep Acidum Fusidicum cream out of the reach of children and away from pets.
ACIDUM FUSIDICUM (FUCIDIN) MORE INFO:
Active Ingredient:Fusidic acid.
Other Ingredients:White soft paraffin, Liquid paraffin, Butylated hydroxyanisole, Cetanol, Glycerol, Potassium sorbate, Purified water, Polysorbate 60.
Fusidic acid belongs to a class of medications known as antibiotics.
Do NOT useAcidum Fusidicum cream
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Acidum Fusidicum cream.
Some medical conditions may interact with Acidum Fusidicum cream. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances.
Some medicines may interact with Acidum Fusidicum cream. There are no known important interactions between Acidum Fusidicum cream and other medicines. If you experience any unusual symptoms while using Acidum Fusidicum cream and other medicines you should tell your health care provider.
Important safety information:
- Breast-feeding: This medication may pass into breast milk. If you are a breast-feeding mother and are using fusidic acid, it may affect your baby. Talk to your doctor about whether you should continue breast-feeding.
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects.
Everyone's reaction to a medicine is different. It is difficult to predict which side effects
you will have from taking a particular medicine, or whether you will have any side effects
at all. The important thing is to tell your prescriber or pharmacist if you are having problems with your medicine.
Uncommon: More than 1 in 1000 people who use Acidum Fusidicum cream:
Dermatitis (skin sensitivity reactions may occur if Acidum Fusidicum cream is used for long
periods of time), irritation at the site of application (reactions include pain, redness of the skin, stinging, and burning sensations), itching, skin rash or rashes.
Rare: More than 1 in 10,000 people who use Acidum Fusidicum cream:
Eye or eyesight problems, hypersensitivity reactions.
The frequency of these sideeffects is unknown:
Angioedema, antibiotic resistance to fusidic acid (this may happen if Acidum Fusidicum cream is used for long periods of time), eczema, oedema around the eyes, urticaria.
If you feel unwell or if you have concerns about a side effect, you will need to seek advice. If you feel very ill, get medical help straight away.